About Singapore Biodesign Fellowship Programme
The Singapore Biodesign (SB) Fellowship is an intensive 1-year hands-on team-based training on the entire value chain of medical technology innovation, with access to training and mentorship in Singapore and Stanford University. The Fellowship focuses on developing new medical device technologies for unmet clinical needs in Asia.
The Fellows will be trained in Singapore under the supervision of mentors from Singapore Biodesign together with Stanford University. The Fellows will also be sent to regional countries such as China and Indonesia to investigate unmet clinical needs and develop understanding of the local medtech ecosystem. Towards the end of the Fellowship, the Fellows will spend 6 weeks in Stanford to further refine and develop implementation plans for their top projects under the guidance of experts from Silicon Valley.
During the innovation journey, this multidisciplinary team of four Fellows comprising of engineers, doctors and business/ industry professionals will have privileged access to mentors and experts from the wider SB network, both in Silicon Valley and in Asia. In addition, the SB Fellows will receive stipend, overseas living allowance and international travel support.
We are looking for individuals with a strong interest in Asian medical device innovation. Priority will be given to Singapore citizens or Permanent Residents. Successful applicants should have advanced degrees (e.g. Master, Ph.D., M.D., M.B.B.S.) and/or significant industry work experience. Candidates will be judged in terms of their potential to become leaders in biomedical technology innovation, including demonstrated potential in creativity and invention.
Terms and Conditions
- Financial Support - The Fellows will receive stipend, tuition and international travel support.
- Bond - Each Fellow is required to work in Singapore for 2 years, after completion of the Fellowship, but is not restricted to any particular organisation during the bond period.
Fellowship 2019 Recruitment Roadshow Dates
- Session 1
- 18 April 2018 | 12:30 - 14:00 | Venue: SingHealth Academia Level 7 (20 College Road, Singapore 169856).
- Session 2
- 10 May 2018 | 18:30 - 20:00 | Venue: SingHealth Academia Level 7 (20 College Road, Singapore 169856).
- Session 3
- 16 May 2018 | 12:30 - 14:00 | Venue: ASTART Central, Engineering Lab (79 Ayer Rajah Crescent, Singapore 139955).
- Session 4
- 6 June 2018 | 12:30 - 14:00 | Venue: SingHealth Academia Level 7 (20 College Road, Singapore 169856).
For more information, please refer to our FAQ here.